Three & Three and LOL Days
Three Saddest Memories (in order of sad to saddest):
1) We moved around a lot when I was younger, so it really came as no surprise when we had to pick up and move after my ninth grade year. However, we had lived in that location for seven years. I had friends (or so I thought) and already knew almost everyone in the little town, but now we have to move. At the time, I was devastated and scared to have to move to a new location where I didn’t know anyone.
2) (I know this one is very vague.) During this summer, I went through a few moments of thinking I had lost everything. There was a bunch of miscommunication, hurt feelings, and just general stupid shit going on. I was crushed and ready for everything to just end. At the time, I thought I wasn’t worth the trouble.
3) RIP TF III. We lost my fiancé’s father on September 20th of this year. This was a devastating blow to everyone. He accepted me for who I am and he always expressed how much he appreciated me for stepping up for his grandsons. I can’t believe he’s gone. It still feels like he is on vacation and just hasn’t made it home yet. I know it isn’t possible. I’ve seen and touched the clothes he was wearing when it happened, and we also have some of his ashes now. It still isn’t real though. I try not to allow myself to feel the grief because it just hurts too much. I’ve paid for the additional medical examiner reports, so we are waiting on those to arrive. Maybe then I will have some closure.
Three Happiest Memories (in order from happy to happiest):
1) I was the drum major for my high school band during my senior year. I loved the experience and also vowed never to do it again. I grew a lot that year and became more confident in my abilities to be a leader.
2) During my second summer in college, I was accepted into an awesome NASA internship program. I met some amazing new friends and spent an awesome 10 weeks from home. The experience was so amazing that I went back three more times. During the last two summers, I was employed as the operations manager for the program where I was the one in control of creating a memorable experience for the interns under my watch. So, for my final summer, I managed to get all of us down to Cape Canaveral to see the final shuttle launch! Now, that was an experience I’m sure they’ll never forget!
3) As with any relationship, we do have our ups and downs and disagreements. But, without a doubt, I consider some of my happiest moments to be those that I spend with my fiancé. He knows everything about me. I’ve never been more open and honest with anyone in my life. We are there for each other. He is my best friend, my lover, and my future husband. He has also promised me a very sore bottom when the next available opportunity presents itself. 🙂 LOL!
Speaking of LOL…
The ninth annual Love our Lurkers Days are almost here! On November 12th & 13th, everyone is welcome to join in and comment around blogland. All of us bloggers enjoy sharing part of ourselves with our readers and on these days we would love it if you would leave a comment. You don’t have to say much, just a little, “Hello!” will do or you can provide your own answers to the challenge mentioned earlier. I am definitely very excited to be able to participate myself this year both as a blogger and as a lurker!
For more information, please visit Hermione’s Heart.