Category Archives: LOL
It’s that time of year again where we want to reach out to our readers and invite them to leave a comment to let us bloggers know you are out there!
I honestly thought I’d missed the event. I quite literally hopped out of the shower and came straight to the computer to check. I know I haven’t been around much lately and I see that I may have lost a lot of lurkers over the last year, but I do want to thank all of you for stopping by when you could!
Comments from people like you really do provide a lot of support and encouragement for those of us who blog. It helps to know we are not alone no matter where we are in life. So please, take a moment and drop a line in the comment box below. 🙂
The weekend before last, Tom and I decided to spend some time with Tom’s step-family. We drove for about 3.5 hours to meet up with his step-sister and step-mom to camp for the night near a river. We paid for a site at a nearby campground with a bathroom – that’s the only thing I can’t seem to give up, LOL. While they started cooking hamburgers, sausages, and vegetables over the campfire, we walked along the river’s edge and then came back. Dinner turned out great and we ended up eating way too much. Tom started to get tired, so we headed off to our campsite to pitch our tent and set up the cots. That night wasn’t too bad, but neither of us liked sleeping on separate cots so next time we will have to find our air bed.
We woke up before my alarm and started packing up so we could meet the others for breakfast at their site. Then, we met up with Tom’s step-brothers to rent kayaks and set out on the river. I had only ever been white water rafting before, so I was nervous at first because I know I wouldn’t want to take a kayak into white water rapids but Tom told me we would be fine. He even let me rent a tandem kayak so I wouldn’t be afraid. He was definitely right – we had a calm float down the river. We stopped a few times to get out and swim. We even tipped over once and almost got knocked out by a tree that had recently fallen…or rather I would have been knocked out and he probably would have been fine. 😛 My poor guy did end up losing his hat and his sun glasses when we fell out, though. The kayaking company picked us up at some point down river and took us back to our cars where we all said farewell and headed back home.
This small outdoor adventure went really well. I made sure to use a lot of sunscreen and bug spray so I didn’t get burned or eaten alive. The only downside was that we saw a ton of spiders, but luckily they left us alone.
Kayaking was a lot of fun, but it actually made me miss white water rafting. I think next time Tom’s step-sister and I will plan that kind of trip for next time!
OH, I almost forgot! When we parked to rent the kayaks, we saw a sign that looked a lot like this.
I want to thank everyone who has stopped by so far to comment and even provide answers to yesterday's Three & Three challenge! I'd also like to encourage others to leave comments as they stroll around blogland today! I love hearing from my readers because you all offer wonderful advice, support, and enouragement even if it's just a quick, "Hi there!" Sometimes all you need is someone to listen and knowing you are there can make all the difference.
For those that are new here, I apologize that the last couple of months have been a bit rough and my posts reflect that. For more entertaining posts, please feel free to browse through my archive if you have time, or perhaps wait a few days and I will publish a Walk Down Memory Lane post with links and summaries.
I am truly amazed at the explosion of activity going on and I'm very glad that this year's event is two days!
Again, I extend a heartfelt thank you to my fellow bloggers and lurkers for accepting me into this wonderful community!
Three Saddest Memories (in order of sad to saddest):
1) We moved around a lot when I was younger, so it really came as no surprise when we had to pick up and move after my ninth grade year. However, we had lived in that location for seven years. I had friends (or so I thought) and already knew almost everyone in the little town, but now we have to move. At the time, I was devastated and scared to have to move to a new location where I didn’t know anyone.
2) (I know this one is very vague.) During this summer, I went through a few moments of thinking I had lost everything. There was a bunch of miscommunication, hurt feelings, and just general stupid shit going on. I was crushed and ready for everything to just end. At the time, I thought I wasn’t worth the trouble.
3) RIP TF III. We lost my fiancé’s father on September 20th of this year. This was a devastating blow to everyone. He accepted me for who I am and he always expressed how much he appreciated me for stepping up for his grandsons. I can’t believe he’s gone. It still feels like he is on vacation and just hasn’t made it home yet. I know it isn’t possible. I’ve seen and touched the clothes he was wearing when it happened, and we also have some of his ashes now. It still isn’t real though. I try not to allow myself to feel the grief because it just hurts too much. I’ve paid for the additional medical examiner reports, so we are waiting on those to arrive. Maybe then I will have some closure.
Three Happiest Memories (in order from happy to happiest):
1) I was the drum major for my high school band during my senior year. I loved the experience and also vowed never to do it again. I grew a lot that year and became more confident in my abilities to be a leader.
2) During my second summer in college, I was accepted into an awesome NASA internship program. I met some amazing new friends and spent an awesome 10 weeks from home. The experience was so amazing that I went back three more times. During the last two summers, I was employed as the operations manager for the program where I was the one in control of creating a memorable experience for the interns under my watch. So, for my final summer, I managed to get all of us down to Cape Canaveral to see the final shuttle launch! Now, that was an experience I’m sure they’ll never forget!
3) As with any relationship, we do have our ups and downs and disagreements. But, without a doubt, I consider some of my happiest moments to be those that I spend with my fiancé. He knows everything about me. I’ve never been more open and honest with anyone in my life. We are there for each other. He is my best friend, my lover, and my future husband. He has also promised me a very sore bottom when the next available opportunity presents itself. 🙂 LOL!
Speaking of LOL…
The ninth annual Love our Lurkers Days are almost here! On November 12th & 13th, everyone is welcome to join in and comment around blogland. All of us bloggers enjoy sharing part of ourselves with our readers and on these days we would love it if you would leave a comment. You don’t have to say much, just a little, “Hello!” will do or you can provide your own answers to the challenge mentioned earlier. I am definitely very excited to be able to participate myself this year both as a blogger and as a lurker!
For more information, please visit Hermione’s Heart.